Cough is a very common problem that can affect anyone and at any time. Majority of people treat their cough using syrups but there are more natural ways. Read this article to find the best natural home remedies for cough. These remedies help reduce the severity and duration of this problem and relieve various symptoms associated with it. These home remedies are very simple and you can easily prepare them in the comfort of your home.
Cough Home Remedies
- Wood apple (bael) is also effective in treating this. Licking the juice of the wood apple removes mucous from the trachea.
- Onion (pyaz) is a common home remedy for cough. Raw or stewed onions can be eaten, or drunk in a broth, to get relief from cough and chest congestion.
- Avoid sore foods, fried foods and refrigerated foods. They may aggravate the condition.
- Boil leaves of wood apple (bael) fruit in sesame (til) oil till the leaves turn brown. Keep this oil in a bottle and apply on your scalp at night. This is beneficial for treating recurrent cold.
- To prevent it, eat chapatti made of wheat flour mixed with gram flour (one-third part).
- Eat bitter ground, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, turnip, spinach, tomato and guava. These are very beneficial in boosting your immune system and treating cough.
- Use garlic (lahsun) in night meals at least twice a week to prevent cold and cough.
- Drink lukewarm water during cough. This will give you a warm and soothing effect.
- Cut lemon and put black pepper powder and salt in it. Now suck the lemon. This will reduce the intensity of cough.
- Eat light food, take fresh air and live in airy and ventilated house. Goat milk, fruit juice of non-citrus fruits, and dried dates boiled in milk are beneficial in cough.
- Avoid all throat irritants, cold water, refrigerated foods, smoking and excessive exertion.
- Drink water two hours before passing stools in the morning and one hour after taking food to prevent cold and indigestion.
Hope, I have covered some of the simple and natural remedies to get relief from cough and throat irritation.
For more information please visit our website: Homenaturalcures.com